Jo qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2011. She has also been an accredited Police Station Representative since 2009 and is an LAA Accredited Prison Law Supervisor. She has worked in criminal law since 2006.
Over the course of her career in criminal law Jo has represented clients facing both criminal and prison law proceedings and she receives consistent praise and positive feedback from her clients and their family members, particularly in respect of her common sense, straight talking and proactive approach. In the current climate of funding cuts and limited resources, she is keen to ensure that her clients are prioritised, both by herself and also by the various agencies involved in their care and supervision.
Recent notable cases include:
- Following Oral Hearing, secured the release of a Category A recalled prisoner who was facing Crown Court proceedings in respect of GBH with intent x 2.
- Following Oral Hearing, secured the release of an 18+ year post tariff lifer, directly from closed conditions.
- Secured the release of a lifer, who had been returned from open to closed conditions, directly from closed conditions.
- Secured the grant of category D status for a client who was well over 2 years away from his conditional release date.
- Numerous successful applications under the Guittard Ruling.