Drug Offence Solicitors
Are you facing investigation or prosecution for drugs offences? From possession cases to ‘serious organised crime’ and ‘drug ring’ prosecutions, our criminal defence specialists are here to help.
At ABR Solicitors, our expert team can provide advice and legal representation to people facing charges for drug crimes. Whether you have just been arrested or you have already been charged and have a court date, we can leap to your side to defend you.
We give our advice in plain English with no legal jargon and can represent you at all stages of the criminal justice system, including:
- Before you have been arrested (for example, if you are concerned about being arrested or because you have been invited to the police station for a voluntary interview under caution)
- At the police station
- During the investigation stage
- At court
- In confiscation proceedings
- Post-conviction prison law advice
With local offices in Leeds, Liverpool, London and Nottingham, we can represent clients all over England and Wales. Our drug offence lawyers have a strong track record of success at helping people avoid charges altogether or achieve a lesser charge or penalty than they were originally facing (e.g. lowering a possession with intent to supply charge to a less serious possession charge).
We work on a Legal Aid basis for eligible clients, as well as taking on privately funded cases. Legal Aid can pay for some or all of your legal costs if you cannot pay yourself. So, if you are worried about not being able to afford legal advice, please get in touch to see how we can help.
Our criminal defence lawyers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and can be at your side whenever you need us.
For immediate expert criminal defence representation, call:
- 0333 600 9222 (9am-5pm Mon-Fri)
- 07850 899999 (Out of hours)
Why choose ABR Solicitors for drug offence advice and defence?
Our awards, accreditations and feedback speak for themselves:
- We are highly ranked for General Crime by leading client guide, the Legal 500.
- We are highly ranked for Crime by leading client guide, Chambers & Partners.
- We were the Leading Specialist Criminal Defence Firm of the Year – UK (Global 100 2020)
- 98% of our clients would recommend us (according to our client feedback forms).
Here are just a few more reasons to choose us:
- Our team includes police station representatives, criminal defence solicitors and prison law experts, so we can assist you at every stage of the criminal justice system.
- We can spring to your side at short notice to provide advice and representation, e.g. if you have been arrested, we can travel to police stations urgently to act on your behalf.
- Many of our clients avoid criminal charges altogether, are acquitted at trial, or achieve a lower sentence than they were originally facing.
- We offer a range of flexible funding options, including private fees and Criminal Legal Aid.
How our drug offence solicitors can help
We can assist with all drug offences, including (but not limited to):
- Cases involving:
- Class A drugs (e.g. cocaine, crack cocaine, ecstasy and heroin)
- Class B drugs (e.g. cannabis and ketamine)
- Class C drugs (e.g. anabolic steroids and benzodiazepines (benzos))
- Temporary class drugs
- Conspiracy to commit a drugs offence
- Possession of drugs
- Possession with intent to supply
- Supply of controlled drugs
- Offering to supply
- Production of drugs
- Production with intent to supply
- Cultivation of cannabis
- Being concerned in the supply of drugs
- Being concerned in the production of drugs
- Being concerned in an offer to supply drugs
- Importation of drugs
- Permitting premises to be used for producing, supplying or smoking cannabis etc
- Administering drugs
- Related offences, such as money laundering, fraud and county lines offences
- Proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
What should you do if you have been arrested for a drugs offence?
If you or someone you know has been arrested or is facing arrest for a drugs offence, it is important to get legal advice as soon as possible.
You are entitled to free legal advice at the police station – you should not answer police questions about an alleged criminal offence until you have received legal advice because anything you say or do could be used in a decision to charge you or as evidence in court.
We can respond at short notice and travel to police stations to represent you and ensure your legal rights are protected. Just give us a call or ask to call ABR Solicitors.
Funding your criminal case
If you are arrested, you are entitled to free legal advice at the police station. This can be provided by the available duty solicitor or you can request your own lawyer – ask to call ABR Solicitors for our advice.
If you have been charged and are being prosecuted may be able to apply for Criminal Legal Aid.
Find out more about funding your criminal defence.
Get immediate expert legal advice from our drug offences solicitors
If you or a loved one have been accused of or charged with a drug offence and need expert legal advice and representation, please contact your local ABR Solicitors office in Leeds, Liverpool, London or Nottingham.